There have been many studies with several results about the benefit of reading to your child at an early age as a parent, and these results are helping children when they grow up and started going to school. The benefits of reading to your child, according to research, help to improve the cognitive development of the child, improves academic performance and language skills, and helps in emotional attachment. Babies are known to benefit much from an early introduction to the reading of books, and they even benefit from continuous parental involvement in reading books as they are growing up. This is good news and many parents are making use of this already.
However, although babies benefit from being read to, there are also a lot of benefits to parents too when they make reading to their babies a daily routine. This option is usually pointed out during studies, and it is very important to point this out. When parents read to their babies from an early age, they will be thrilled that the lives of their children have been enriched by their reading together. And as a parent, this will show that they have benefited a lot from their action. The benefit of reading to your child should be your greatest of joy when you see them grown up to be what you wanted them to be.
When you read to your children from an early age, you are passing on a great generation. When your children grew up and started their own family, they will pass the same when they see the result of that in their lives; how it transforms them positively. If your parents were readers and you pass that reading to your children from an early age, you will build a perfect family of readers. Normally, parents think that reading to their babies when they were young only benefits their babies when they grew up; little, did they know that they are on the higher side of being benefited. As parents who love reading to their babies, you will watch them grow into adults as avid readers and writers.
1. Broad in knowledge
When children are read to when they are young, they will learn a lot from those books with different books. With this knowledge, your children will later be a source of information to you. They will teach you in return when they started talking and going to school. Your children will use the information they learned from kids to research more when they grow up and teach you more information about those objects, places, and animals you taught them when they were young. Reading to children when young turn out to be of greater advantage for their parents when they grow older.
2. Increase in Parents’ Savings
With increases in technology these days, kids can get addicted to them in no time if they are allowed to continue making use of them. Watching TV can cause a lot of eye problems for children when they grow up. However, reading to children when they are young will help to prevent getting addicted to the use of these technologies. Once your children do not watch these technologies, there will be lower risks in getting these problems, and this will later prevent their parents from spending on them. Reading to children when they are young will prevent parents from curing different diseases due to addiction to technologies.
3. Reading Increased Discipline and Focus
When you read to your child, you are indirectly increasing discipline and focus on them. Discipline can be gained outside when your child grows up, but it will come in a harder way. Once you discipline your child at home, you will have peace as parents, and his or her teachers at school will enjoy such a child. Reading to your child will also increase his focus when learning other subjects in school. A child that is not disciplined will turn out to be a bad child, and he or she will paint his or her parents black. Start reading to your child today and have everlasting joy and peace of mind.
4. Reading to a Child Boost their Language Skills
When reading to your child from their childhood days, your child will not have a problem with his or her language acquisition and skills. Some children today have difficulty pronouncing some letters from the alphabets or words; this does start from their early stages. If they are read to, parents will be able to prevent such problems and correct their children before they grow up. Parents may find it difficult to change such problems when their children grow up. This can later be a problem for the parent as they will be looking for solutions to this problem if it is unbearable.
5. Reading Builds Bonds Between Parents and their Children
According to researchers, the best way parents can get bonded with their children is by reading with them. Bonds created by reading with your child are one of the strongest bonds you will ever create. If you are a parent who does not have much time to read to your child, create time out of no time to do so; it might be just for a few minutes per day. Doing reading to your child a routine is the best way to build stronger relationships with them. In addition to building such bonds, parents are also teaching their children vocabulary. Parents will always cleave to such innocent moments. When you start reading to your children, they will learn about relationships with their parents and about complex aspects of life. They will be able to make use of this bond to confront other life issues and relieving their parents from stress.
6. Reading to a Child Boosts His or Her Self Esteem
When you start reading to your child at an early age, he or she will be armed with sufficient language needed to communicate with his or her teachers, peers, and parents. However, children who find it easier to make use of words are more likely to have a strong sense of confidence, a strong self-image, higher self-esteem, and higher academic standing. Also, children who were read to are more likely to decide on their own and formulate their thoughts before getting demonstrative or angry. More knowledge leads to more confidence, and more confidence helps to build self-esteem. This simply shows that it is a chain reaction. Children who were read to when they were young can read well, and this makes people look up to them for answers. They have a better feeling about themselves and their parents.
There are different books for toddlers that you can read for them, and these books have simple, clear pictures and repetitive text. What your child likes at an early age is to hear your voice and this time, you can read almost anything to them like rhyming text or sing songs once your child gets more interest in looking at those things, select books that come with simple pictures and not solid backgrounds.
You can start to read cloth or vinyl books that have faces and shapes to them and also show them bright colors. Once they start responding to what is inside a book, start showing them books with pictures of familiar objects like toys or pictures of babies. And when they start doing different things like eat finger foods or sit up in the bathtub, you can find simple stories that involve daily routines like bath time and bedtime. Lastly, when they start talking, look for books that come with repeated simple phrases or words.
Books with different textures (scratchy, soft, and crinkly) and mirrors are better for babies of this age group. Board books are easier for infants to turn and a cloth or vinyl books can be moved everywhere by the baby even to the tub. All babies love seeing photo albums with pictures of people they love and know. Lastly, all babies must have a book of nursery rhymes. To make sure your babies grow up to be great readers and you will benefit from them, you must fill your house with books. Anytime your baby crawls to any part of the house; they must be able to pick up at least a book.
As parents, there are simple steps to follow to create a successful future for your children. The visual and language modeling objective is to show caregivers and parents how to integrate these steps, whatever they’re doing easily and wherever they found themselves. The steps are listed below:
1. Read – One of the essential things you can do for your children is to read to them from an early age. If you have not started doing this, it is not too late to start now. Wherever you go, and you see different words, read these words to them. You can go with them to places like bookshops, grocery stores,s or even signposts while walking with them on the road.
2. Write – As kids, it is very important for them to be able to draw and scribble out some lines on paper even if what they are writing does not have meaning. All these activities will help brood them for the time they will be writing different notes. You can start by encouraging them to make use of crayons to draw, trace letters, and “sign” their name on the paper you gave them. You will see the result of this in their handwriting when they start going to school.
3. Sing – Singing different songs to babies will help them learn new words. In addition to this, children hear more sounds when they sing different songs with adults. With this, your children can be great musicians when they grow up. To put this into use, sing to them while getting dressed, in the car, or on a walk. Repeat the same song to them over and over again. Please note that you should only sing songs that will benefit them when they grow up; both in words and in meaning.
4. Play – No matter the type of play a baby is doing, he or she is learning new things like new movements, new skills, comprehension, and many more. In addition to any other plays your baby is doing, adults should play one-on-one games with them too and tell them different stories with dolls and puppets. Lastly, you can attend different interactive storytimes with your babies at your local libraries. With all these plays, your baby will not only learn how to play games, but they will benefit from the reason and skills for playing each game.
5. Talk – Your child is learning words when he or she is talking and listening, and he or she is getting ready to start reading books. In other words, every parent must find a way of asking their children to talk. You can do this by asking them different questions about what is happening, what they are feeling seeing, and doing. You should also engage your children in conversations about the books and stories you read to them, or they are reading by themselves.
6. Online – Parents need to do more to get more from their children when they grow up. Go online for different types of Children’s Stories. You can also get lessons like “My Baby Can Read Series” (Whole Language Reading Method) and different other “Sight Words Reading Lessons”. If your children can master all of these lessons, you will become a happy parents later in life.
- Flybay Kids Makeup Kit for Girl, Play Makeup for Llittle Girls,Washable Real Makeup Set, Girls Toys for 4 5 6 7 Years Old Birthday Gifts Toys for Girls.$23.85
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Kids Combo Pack – Includes Kids Curling Butter Cream, 6 Oz & Kids Curl & Shine 2-in-1 Shampoo & Conditioner, 8 Oz$19.99
- Bonsai Hair Care Kids Fruit Power Shampoo, 8.5 Ounce$12.95
- Shea Moisture Kids Hair Care Combination Pack – Includes Mango & Carrot 8oz KIDS Extra-Nourishing Shampoo,Shea Moisture hair products, and 8oz Coconut & Hibiscus KIDS Detangler$29.79
- Senrokes Kids Makeup, Washable Kids Makeup Kit for Girls, Children Real Makeup Kit, Girls Makeup Birthday Toys Gift for Age 5 6 7 8 Years Old Girl.$23.99
- Kids Makeup Kit for Girl, Real Washable Makeup Set for Kids, Toddler Makeup Kit , Princess Dress Up Pretend Play Birthday Girls Gift Toys for Girl Aged 4 5 6 7 8 Year Old$25.85
- Libay Kids Makeup Kit – 30 Pc Pretend Makeup Set for Girl with Shinny Rabbit Cosmetic Bag Include Everything Your Princess Needs, Great Gift for Girls 3 4 5 6 7 8 Year Old (Not Real Makeup)$11.99